Get Fit While Giving Back!
In partnership with our friends at Eli Lilly and Company and in recognition of Lilly’s 2021 Global Day of Service, Special Olympics Indiana is proud to host a special event the second annual Lilly 1,000 Mile Challenge, presented by NIFS and supporting Team Indiana on its journey to the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games.
Building upon a successful first year in which more than 1,200 Lilly employees and Special Olympics Indiana athletes and Unified partners teamed up to cover an incredible 201,000 miles(!), this year’s challenge invites Unified teams of 10 to walk or run as much as they can during the month of October, with each team once again aiming to (virtually) cover the distance from Indianapolis to Orlando by Oct. 31.
- Athletes who participate in the Lilly 1,000 Mile Challenge will automatically earn 10 bonus points toward the 2021 Fall Into Fitness Challenge.
- Steps earned as part of the Lilly Challenge can also count as required physical activity for the Fall Fitness Challenge.
- All teams that reach the 1,000 mile mark will earn custom race finisher medals, while members of the team that logs the greatest total distance will earn $75 Finish Line gift cards.
- Open to Unified Partners (must be partnered with an athlete).
- There is a $10 fee to join a team, paid by the Delegation.
- To register contact your County Coordinator, Greg Townsend at [email protected] with your name, phone number, email address, and name of Unified Partner (if ablicaple). Unified Partners need to contact Greg as well.
- Deadline to register is September 23.
- Each athlete will be randomly assigned to a team of Lilly employees