Rules and COVID-19 Protocols
• Even though the Indiana State Governor has announced that the mask mandate will be lifted on April 6th, Special Olympics Indiana WILL REQUIRE MASKS TO BE WORN. Some sports will be allowed to remove mask during practice/competition.
• Every participant – Athlete, Unified Partner, Coach, Assistant Coach and Volunteer, will be required to complete a COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form. See Attachments.
• COVID vaccination is NOT required but all participants (Athletes, Unified Partners, Coaches and Volunteers) will go through a screening process (COVID questions and temperature taken) prior to each practice and competition.
• Hand sanitizing throughout practice/competition, social distancing and masks are required. No sharing of food or drinks. No fist pumps, handshakes, hugs or high fives or other direct contact allowed.
• Depending on the sport or the practice venue, additional rules/protocols may be enforced. These rules/protocols will be communicated by the coach and/or volunteers assisting with the implementation of the COVID protocols.
• If you are considered high risk, it’s best that you do not participate. See the attached COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct & Risk Assessment Form
• After practice, you are required to leave the practice venue immediately.
• PUNCTUALITY – Due to the required screening process, its of high importance that you arrive on time. Since our coaches and/or assistant coaches will be assisting in the screening process, once practice starts you will not be permitted to enter the practice venue. Coaches and assistant coaches will NOT stop practice to screen you. Please remember our coaches, assistant coaches and volunteers our volunteering their time, please be considerate and arrive to practice on time.
• If you are not able or unwilling to follow these rules, please do not participate. Anyone (parent, residential provider or athlete) found not following these rules or giving coaches or volunteers a hard time about the rules/protocols will be asked to leave and not return.
Local and state programs that do not adhere to these protocols will be suspended for one year. Any athlete who does not adhere to these protocols may face suspension from Special Olympics activities – this is a Special Olympics International mandate.
- Bowling practice will be held at Pollard’s Bowl in Versailles on Sundays.
- There will be two practice sessions – 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Bowlers will be assigned to a practice session and will be required to attend that practice and only that practice.
- No spectators will be allowed in the bowling center. All parents and residential providers can wait in the restaurant/bar area. Please do NOT enter the bowling center once your athlete has been screened. Please do not walk through the bowling center to get to the restaurant/bar area, you will need to walk around the outside of the building. Please remember that some parents are volunteering as coaches, assistant coaches and/or volunteers. Please refrain from gathering in groups upon arriving and departure.
- Each practice session will be limited to 24 bowlers. Six bowlers to each pair of lanes. Bowlers will be assigned to a lane and must stay in that lane at all times during practice.
- Practice will begin on Sunday, April 11th.
- Due to the need for social distancing and the limited number allowed on lanes the following bowlers (who were going to participate in the 2020 Summer Games) are being invited back to participate in the 2021 Summer Games bowling season. If a bowler does not attend practice on Sunday, April 11th, their “slot” may be forfeited and given to another athlete. Please remember that we have not received our quota from SOIN yet, so therefore some bowlers may be eliminated during the quota selection process.
- Please stay tuned to our Facebook page and/or be sure to sign up to receive text alerts (see attachments) to receive any possible changes.
1:00 p.m. Practice Session 3:00 p.m. Practice Session
Please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to your bowling practice time. If you must arrive early, please wait in the restaurant/bar area or in your car. Please remember to enter the bowling ally through the bowling center front doors. Do not enter the bowling ally through the restaurant/bar are doors. The reason for this is so that you may be screened before entering the practice venue. The screening table will be set up at the bowling center’s front doors.