Freeze Your Buns Off
Polar Climb 5K Run/3K Walk
Saturday, February 18, 2017 11:00 a.m.
Special Olympics Indiana – Ripley Ohio Dearborn Counties is very proud to present the Polar Climb 5K Run & 3K Walk, part of the wacky winter festivities of the Freezin’ for a Reason Polar Plunge and After Splash Bash, this unique winter course will take you through the scenic hills and woods of Versailles State Park leading you to a spectacular view of Versailles State Park lake, the official Polar Plunge site.
All proceeds from this unique winter run/walk benefit Special Olympics Indiana athletes in our community, giving them the means to train locally and to compete at the state level in a number of Olympic-type sports.
First, second and third place medallions will be awarded in both male and female age groups:
- 14 & Under
- 15 to 24 Year Olds
- 25 to 34 Year Olds
- 35 to 44 Year Olds
- 45 to 54 Year Olds
- and 55 & Over.
Please pre-register by February 8th to save $ and to receive the official Polar Climb t-shirt!
Pre-registered by Feb. 8th:
$25 Includes official Polar Climb T-shirt
$15 High School Track Team (5+ Members) Includes T-shirt
After Feb. 8th/Day of Race Registration:
$30 Does NOT include official Polar Climb T-shirt
$20 High School Track Team (5+ Members) Does NOT include T-shirt
Register Online: StuartRoadRacing.com
Registration Form: click here to download.
Registration, bib and shirt pick-up is from 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. the day of the event at the Versailles State Park lake boat ramp.
- Runners will start at 11:00 a.m. Walkers will start shortly after. We ask that all walkers start in the back.
- Running strollers are permitted. Please be mindful of your starting position.
- Medallions will be awarded at the finish line.
- If you do not finish the entire course, please do not cross the finish line through the shoot.
- The race will be chip timed. Please follow the instructions to place the chip on your shoe. It will not work if you keep it in your pocket.