In late February Special Olympics Indiana introduced a new on-line athlete registration and medical form. Beginning immediately, the new on-line athlete application and medical will be required for the following:
- All NEW athletes
- All athletes with EXPIRING MEDICALS on April 1, 2020 and there after
- All athletes will need to be registered in the new system by December 31, 2021.
Currently, athlete eligibility is determined by:
- County Program has Athlete Application Part 1, Part 2 and the physician signed, completed Medical Form
- Part 1 is on file with the state office
Under the new online version, athlete eligibility will be determined by:
- Completion of the On-line Health History and Release Forms for Registration. The on-line record is sent digitally directly to Special Olympics Indiana and the person completing the form. The Medical Exam form is to be printed; taken to and signed by a Licensed Medical Examiner.
- The participant returns this portion to the County Coordinator and from there, sent to Special Olympics Indiana. This form will be attached to the athlete record and this will complete the process.
- Compliancy will be determined based on the completed record, which consist of consent forms and completed, signed Medical exam being on file with the State Office.
- County Program (ROD) will require EACH athlete to print, review and sign the Athlete Code of Conduct and Parent Code of Conduct. These can be mailed to the County Coordinator, along with their Medical Exam form.
Please let County Coordinator, Greg Townsend, know if you have any questions, need assistance or encounter any difficulties using the new on-line registration system. On a monthly basis, our Health Coordinator, Lisa Baugh, will continue to mail athletes notice of their expiring/expired Medical, along with instructions on how to complete their new On-Line Athlete Application and Medical. Here is a link to the new on-line registration and instructions soindiana-rod.org/athlete