As of December 1, Special Olympics Indiana has a new vendor for volunteer background screenings: Barada Associates, a family-owned business from Rushville, IN and one of 4 vendors approved by SOI. With a new vendor, there is a new process for background screenings.
Here’s a summary of the new process:
- The Coach/Volunteer Application process remains the same – completed by the volunteer & submitted to the State Office by the Area or County.
- After the State Office processes the application, the volunteer will receive an email from Barada. Click HERE to see a sample email.
- The email will come from [email protected]
- The new volunteer must click the link in the email to begin the background screening.
- Once in Barada’s secure online system, the volunteer will enter information necessary for the background screening, including Social Security Number.
- There is NO charge for the new volunteer. The State Office will pay costs.
- If the new volunteer does NOT initiate and complete the screening, Barada will send follow-up emails to the volunteer.
- Volunteers will not be Class A volunteers until this screening is completed. Barada will inform the State Office if volunteers do not complete the screening. Then the State Office will inform the County Coordinator.
- Veteran volunteers will receive the same email and go through the same process, when their background screenings need renewal (which is every 3 years).
The background screening is an essential part of protecting our athletes. Thank you in advance for providing a safe environment to them and for your help in this process.