- Practice will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays (must attend both) at 7:00 pm.
- No spectators will be allowed on the pool deck. All parents and residential providers can wait in the bleachers. Please remember that some parents are volunteering as coaches, assistant coaches and/or volunteers. Please refrain from gathering in groups upon arriving, departure and during practice.
- Each swimmer is required to bring their own goggles and cap. No sharing allowed.
- Swimmers should arrive in their swimsuit and be prepared to depart in their swimsuit. We want to avoid using the locker rooms.
- Please stay tuned to our Facebook page and/or be sure to sign up to receive text alerts (see attachments), as this will be the only way we will communicate a start date.
Rules and COVID-19 Protocols
- Even though the Indiana State Governor has announced that the mask mandate will be lifted on April 6th, Special Olympics Indiana WILL REQUIRE MASKS TO BE WORN. Some sports will be allowed to remove mask during practice/competition.
- Every participant – Athlete, Unified Partner, Coach, Assistant Coach and Volunteer, will be required to complete a COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct and Risk Assessment Form. See Attachments.
- COVID vaccination is NOT required but all participants (Athletes, Unified Partners, Coaches and Volunteers) will go through a screening process (COVID questions and temperature taken) prior to each practice and competition.
- Hand sanitizing throughout practice/competition, social distancing and masks are required. No sharing of food or drinks. No fist pumps, handshakes, hugs or high fives or other direct contact allowed.
- Depending on the sport or the practice venue, additional rules/protocols may be enforced. These rules/protocols will be communicated by the coach and/or volunteers assisting with the implementation of the COVID protocols.
- If you are considered high risk, it’s best that you do not participate. See the attached COVID-19 Participant Code of Conduct & Risk Assessment Form
- After practice, you are required to leave the practice venue immediately.
- PUNCTUALITY – Due to the required screening process, its of high importance that you arrive on time. Since our coaches and/or assistant coaches will be assisting in the screening process, once practice starts you will not be permitted to enter the practice venue. Coaches and assistant coaches will NOT stop practice to screen you. Please remember our coaches, assistant coaches and volunteers our volunteering their time, please be considerate and arrive to practice on time.
- If you are not able or unwilling to follow these rules, please do not participate. Anyone (parent, residential provider or athlete) found not following these rules or giving coaches or volunteers a hard time about the rules/protocols will be asked to leave and not return.
Local and state programs that do not adhere to these protocols will be suspended for one year. Any athlete who does not adhere to these protocols may face suspension from Special Olympics activities – this is a Special Olympics International mandate.