2019 Area 9 Bowling Tournament
Woodland Bowl, 3421 E 96th Street, Indianapolis
Saturday, November 9th
All Ramp/Single Bowlers : Arrive by 12:30 pm | Tournament 1:00 pm
Greg Townsend, Head of Delegation
Cell Phone: 812-584-6861
Transportation: The Delegation will NOT be providing transportation to Woodland Bowl.
Registration Cost: The registration cost of $10 has been paid for each athlete by the Delegation. Please remember that if you should not attend the tournament, you will be required to reimburse the Delegation prior to participating in any other sport or activity.
Dress Code (Must be followed!! Only exception is a sensory issue, which needs to be brought to the Program Coordinator’s attention at least 1 week prior to tournament):
- Bowlers will dress in a manner which will bring credit to them, SO and the sport of bowling.
- Bowlers must wear bowling shoe
- Bowlers are to wear their SOIN-ROD Navy Blue 50th Anniversary T-Shirt. If you do not have this t-shirt, please see Greg.
- Prohibited apparel includes: sweatpants, cutoffs, tank tops, sleeveless t-shirts or anything (including hats) with advertisements or inappropriate subject manner.
- The Bowling Sports Management Team or sport official shall have the authority to bar offenders from competition until they comply with the rul
Meals: Food and drinks can be purchased at Woodland Bowl. No food or drinks are allowed to be carried into the bowling center.
Pets: NO pets are allowed to be brought into Woodland Bowl.
Coach/CVO Responsibilities: During the bowling tournament coaches/chaperones are responsible for the supervision, transporting, care, and getting athletes to their appropriate events at ALL times. Parents please do NOT take your athlete somewhere without first informing a coach/chaperone. Any questions or concerns, please contact Greg Townsend. All coaches/chaperones are Class A Certified Volunteers (CVO) through Special Olympics.
Our coaches/chaperones are…
- Greg Townsend, Head of Delegation (H.O.D.)
- Terry Adams
- Tim Adams
- Ed Sellers
- Jeanette Mattingly
- Vince Kieffer
- Jason Liming
- John Broughton
No Smoking/No Alcohol Policy: The use of tobacco products at all Special Olympics’ venues is prohibited. Any coach/chaperone or athlete who breaks this rule may be suspended from Special Olympics participation for one year. Woodland Bowl will be a smoke/tobacco free facility (if not already) for the day. Please be aware that you must be at least 8 feet away from any entrance of the building in order to smoke outside.
Ramps: Coaches please remember to bring ramps to the tournament.
Medical Emergency: Dial 911. The H.O.D., Greg Townsend, is to be notified of all injuries/medical emergencies (812) 584-6861.
Code of Conduct: Athletes, Unified Partners, and Coaches/Chaperones must follow the Special Olympics Code of Conduct, including refraining for the use of un-prescribed drugs and alcohol, no gambling during any scheduled Special Olympics event, and adherence to established facility rules and regulations. See attached Code of Conducts.
Driving Directions to Woodland Bowl:
- I-74 W towards Indianapolis. 8 Miles
- Merge onto I-465 N
- Take the Keystone Ave exit, Exit 33
- Keep right at the fork to go on N Keystone Ave.
- Take the first right onto E 96th Street
- Woodland Bowl, 3421 E 96th, Indianapolis, IN 46240 is on the right.
Total Travel Estimate: 99.51 Miles – about 1 hour 48 minutes