Please note one MUST participate in the Area 9 Bowling Tournament in order to advance onto the State Bowling Tournament in December.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:15 a.m. Arrive at Bowling Center/Registration Opens
- 10:35 a.m. 10 Minute Practice
- 10:50 a.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 11:00 a.m. Tournament
Upon Arrival: 1) See your coach for lane assignment. 2) Use the bathroom if necessary. 3) Pick up a pair of bowling shoes (if needed) at the front desk. 3) Report to your assigned lane and getting ready to bowl.
Transportation: The Delegation will NOT be providing transportation to Woodland Bowl.
Registration Cost: The registration cost of $10 has been paid for each athlete by the Delegation. Please remember that if you should not attend the tournament, you will be required to reimburse the Delegation prior to participating in any other sport or activity.
Dress Code (Must be followed!! Only exception is a sensory issue, which needs to be brought to the Program Coordinator’s attention at least 1 week prior to tournament):
- Bowlers will dress in a manner which will bring credit to them, SO and the sport of bowling.
- Bowlers must wear bowling shoe
- Bowlers are to wear their NEW SOIN-ROD Shield Blue T-Shirt. If you do not have this t-shirt, please see Greg.
- Prohibited apparel includes sweatpants, cutoffs, tank tops, sleeveless t-shirts or anything (including hats) with advertisements or inappropriate subject manner.
- The Bowling Sports Management Team or sport official shall have the authority to bar offenders from competition until they comply with the rul
Meals: Food and drinks can be purchased at Woodland Bowl. No food or drinks are allowed to be carried into the bowling center.
Pets: NO pets are allowed to be brought into Woodland Bowl.
No Smoking/No Alcohol Policy: The use of tobacco products at all Special Olympics’ venues is prohibited. Any coach/chaperone or athlete who breaks this rule may be suspended from Special Olympics participation for one year. Woodland Bowl will be a smoke/tobacco free facility (if not already) for the day. Please be aware that you must be at least 8 feet away from any entrance of the building in order to smoke outside.
Ramps: Coaches, please remember to bring ramps to the tournament.
Code of Conduct: Athletes, Unified Partners, and Coaches/Chaperones must follow the Special Olympics Code of Conduct, including refraining for the use of un-prescribed drugs and alcohol, no gambling during any scheduled Special Olympics event, and adherence to established facility rules and regulations.